Saturday, May 27, 2006

From Weblationship to Friendship

I met two of my webuddys today. Rebecca del Rio and Brian Howe are both writers and poets whom I met through an online writer's forum called Backspace. Rebecca was attending a conference near the city where I live and Brian lives about 50 miles from me. We met at Rebecca's hotel for coffee, fizzy water and book talk.

Rebecca is close to finishing her first novel, while Brian completed his first novel last November for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I wish I could have taken an active role when Rebecca and Brian began talking about poetry. I don't mean the kind of poetry found on greeting cards and gift store plaques. These two are both accomplished poets, and both have been published in respected poetry magazines. They know and understand poetry at a level I've never achieved. I hope you'll click on their names for a glimpse of Rebecca and Brian's poetry.

Pictured below are (l-r) me, Rebecca and Brian.

No comments: