Saturday, November 26, 2005

My Grown Up Christmas List

We now have less than a month until Christmas. When I was a child I could write several pages listing all of the toys, clothes, accessories and trinkets I wanted to unwrap on Christmas morning. Now the things I want can’t be wrapped and put under a Christmas tree.

I know it’s all been said before, and with much more eloquence and impact. But, I want an end to the war in Iraq. But more than just an end to the war, I wish for a peaceful and equitable resolution that dissolves religious intolerance and claims to ethnic superiority.

Take the concept of peace and wrap it around the globe where other nations strut and pose before each other, hurling insults and waving fists at perceived slights and disrespect. The global sand box is getting crowded, but if we learn to play together, we’ll find there’s plenty of fun for everyone. Wrap me up a global hug.

Do you have a “grown up Christmas list”? Click on COMMENTS and tell us about it.

No comments: